Saturday, January 26, 2013

Curry Chicken Kebabs

It has been a whirlwind in our house. I'm not sure we've been able to hit the snooze button since Thanksgiving. I am spent. Totally wiped out. And in need of recipe inspiration. I was SO glad when a friend of mine mentioned these super easy oven-baked kebabs. They came together really quickly, and while they needed some marinating time, the results were wonderful. I served these with some couscous and changed up veggie fritters.


Curry Chicken Kebabs - recipe by Cuisinart
Serves 4

1+ pounds boneless chicken - I used 1 1/3 pounds of boneless, skinless thighs
2 tablespoons curry powder
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt - I used Greek


Mix together curry powder, yogurt and coconut milk. Chop chicken into two inch chunks and mix with yogurt marinade. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 or so hours. (I had to work around a baby nap and left this batch in the fridge for 6 hours and it was great.)

Once the marinating is done, preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

String onto skewers and line a baking sheet with foil. Give the foil a quick spritz with cooking oil and bake the kababs for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temp is 170.

 
I served these with couscous and zucchini and carrot fritters. These were based off the zucchini and onion fritters I made this summer. Here's the new recipe.

1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup shredded carrot
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt


For cooking directions and photos, please see this post.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment